Buying a mattress is not something that you do every day. So, we completely understand that you may be having a hard time choosing the best one for you.
As you know, there are many different mattresses brands. As if this wasn’t enough, not all mattresses are made the same way. They can have more or fewer layers, the materials they use to fill these layers vary, the firmness levels are different, not to mention the price, just to put into the equation some factors. However, ultimately, you just want a good mattress that lasts and that is able to provide you with the comfort and support you need for a good night sleep, every single day.
Discover the most comfortable mattresses in 2018.
Two of the best mattresses on the market at this point are the Casper mattress and the Leaf mattress. So, which one is better for your needs? Which one should you choose?
Let’s check out all the details about each mattress and then make a final comparison so that you know which one is a better choice for you.
#1: Casper Mattress
The Casper mattress is one of the most famous mattresses nowadays. Even though memory foam has been growing in terms of popularity, many people are a bit afraid of them since they carry several disadvantages. One of them is that memory foam tends to retain the heat. So, unless the mattress has some way to dissipate the heat and allow airflow, you shouldn’t really be comfortable not only for falling asleep as well as to remain asleep during the entire night. Another major disadvantage is the fact that many people complain that when they lay down on a memory foam mattress it seems they are just sinking and they feel sank, without the ability to even move. So, a good mattress needs to ensure that it has some bounce to allow you to change position easily during the night.
The solution that Casper arranged is a hybrid mattress. This means that the Casper mattress is a combination of the support of the memory foam (which is incredible, by the way) and the comfort and cooling of other types of foam.
The Casper mattress is 9.5 inches tall and includes 4 different layers besides the cover:
– The cover of the Casper mattress has a good stretch and a soft feel. One of the things that you will immediately notice on the cover is that it is quite porous. This is a great add-in since it allows both the cover and the mattress to breath better since it provides a better airflow.
– The top layer, which is 1.5 inches tall, is made of a responsive foam layer created by the Casper company itself. This foam is exclusive to them and it was designed to provide you with the cooling, comfort, and bounce that you need so that you can have a restful and peaceful good night sleep.
– The second layer, which is 1.5 inches tall, is made of memory foam. Memory foam is the right material to include here since it provides you with the pressure relief and support that you need. One of the best things about using memory foam on the second layer is that the top layer allows a good airflow into the mattress, eliminating the heat retention that is a characteristic of memory foam.
– The third layer, which is also 1.5 inches, is made of a poly foam. This layer is thought to act as the transition between the comfort layers to the support layer located at the bottom or base of the mattress.
– The bottom layer, which is 5 inches tall, is made of a high-density support foam and its main goal is to maintain the shape of the mattress as well as to support all the layers on top.
One of the most important features that you should look at when you are buying a mattress is to its firmness level. After all, depending on the firmness level, a mattress may better suit the needs of a back sleeper, of a side sleeper, of a stomach sleeper, or of all types of sleepers.
In the case of the Casper mattress, we believe that its firmness level is between a 6 and a 7 out of 10, with the 10 being the firmest mattresses. The reason why we are not specifying if it is a 6 or a 7 is that it also depends on your weight. For example, if you weigh less than 180 pounds, for example, you will experience a slightly softer feel. However, if you weigh more than 180 pounds, your experience with the Casper mattress will be a firmer mattress.
If there is something that we like on the Casper mattress is the fact that it regulates the temperature quite well providing you the comfort that you need to not feel too hot during the night. Even using memory foam.
One of the major complaints about memory foam is that it may seem that you are sinking into the mattress when you are lying down. Even though you can still change positions with the Casper mattress, you will notice that you will sink a bit, especially if you have more than 180 pounds. However, since the mattress offers a good bounce, this sinkage isn’t so serious or deep as with what happens with other memory foam mattresses.
* Trials And Warranties:
The Casper mattress comes with a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer and you are also entitled to take advantage of the 100 days free trial.
#2: Loom & Leaf Mattress
The Loom & Leaf mattress is simply another great mattress that is able to provide you with a deep compression support, an exceptional cooling, and a balanced comfort. But let’s take a closer look at everything that this luxury foam mattress has to offer you.
The Loom & Leaf mattress is 12 inches tall and includes 4 different layers besides the cover:
– The cover of the Loom & Leaf mattress is quite unique. After all, it is made only by using 100% organic cotton. While it gives that traditional look to the mattress, the best thing about this material s the fact that it is breathable. Besides, the cover is also using a natural thistle that is a natural organic flame retardant.
– The top layer, which is 2 inches high, is made of a conforming gel foam to ensure that there is no heat retention. The foam includes some gel beads that absorb the heat, making the surface of the mattress cooler, which allows you to be more comfortable than ever.
– The second layer, which is 2.5 inches high, is made of memory foam. This is the layer responsible for the pressure relief, the perfect contour of your body, and for the amazing comfort.
– The third layer, which is 2 inches high, is the transitional layer from the comfort layers at the top to the support layer at the bottom. In addition, this layer will also provide a deep compression support.
– The bottom layer, which is 5.5 inches high, is made of a high-density support foam and is what supports the entire mattress and allows it to retain its shape for a very long time.
We consider the Loom & Leaf mattress as a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, where 10 refers to the firmest mattresses. However, in case you are looking for a firmer mattress, the Loom & Leaf mattress also has one which can be considered to be an 8 out of 10.
While most mattresses companies try to create mattresses to create a universal feel, meaning that all types of sleepers can use the mattress, the Loom & Leaf mattress seems to be the best one.
This mattress doesn’t only provide a great body contour and offers a huge level of contour, as it is quite responsive, especially if you compare it with other memory foam mattresses. So, when you want to change position during the night, this is the best one.
* Trials And Warranties:
The Loom & Leaf mattress comes with a 15-year warranty from the manufacturer and it includes a trial period of 120 days.
Casper Vs. Loom & Leaf Mattress Conclusion
So, which mattress should you choose? Which one of better for you and your needs?
While the choice should ultimately be based on your personal preferences, we believe that the Loom & Leaf mattress is a better choice. After all, it can accommodate, better than any other mattress on the market, different types of sleepers, and it includes an amazing temperature regulation. In addition, you will find your body well-contoured without the sinkage feeling that is so common on memory foam mattresses.