The Tuft & Needle mattress and the Casper mattress are two of the best mattresses on the market these days. They both allow you to have a peaceful and restful night without keep waking up. In addition, they tend to be very comfortable and supportive. However, they have their own uniquenesses and choosing the best one for you will ultimately depend on your personal preferences.
So, which one should you choose? The Tuft & Needle mattress or the Casper mattress?
Let’s check out each one individually and then make a final comparison.
#1: Tuft & Needle Mattress
When we are talking about the Tuft & Needle mattress, it’s a bit hard to define it. After all, we can’t say it is a memory foam mattress as well as we can’t say that it is a true hybrid mattress either. Overall, and simply put, the Tuft & Needle mattress is a unique mattress that includes a proprietary foam of the brand. And this detail only makes it rather different from all the other mattresses on the market.
Take a look at the top mattresses in 2018.
The Tuft & Needle mattress is 10 inches tall and it includes two different layers in addition to the cover:
– The cover is made of a blend of Tactel and Polyester and is rather stretchy, which is exactly what you should look for. One of the things that you will notice is that this is probably one of the thinnest mattress covers we have already seen. However, there is a reason for this. This kind of cover will allow an amazing airflow to ensure that the temperature is always regulated. In addition, since Tactel dries faster than cotton, this will also be an extra help to allow you to have a comfortable night sleep.
– The top layer, with 3 inches, is made of a proprietary Tuft & Needle foam that is a high-performance polyfoam with 2.9 lb density. This layer tends to be named as the comfort layer. Since the Tuft & Needle mattress only includes two layers, this top layer is the one responsible got providing pressure relief. One of the things that you will notice is that this unique and proprietary foam allows the mattress to quickly respond to pressure, creating an amazing bounce. So, you can be sure that you won’t feel stuck when you are lying down.
– The bottom layer, with 7 inches, is made of a poly foam with a 1.8 lb density. This layer is the base of the entire mattress. So, it’s main job is to ensure that the Tuft & Needle mattress is able to keep its shape for many years.
In terms of the firmness of the Tuft & Needle mattress, we consider it to be a 7 out of ten on a firmness scale where the 1 is the softest mattress and the 10 is the firmest mattress.
Take some time to check out if you are using the right pillow for you as well.
The Tuft & Needle mattress has a lot of positive reviews from users meaning that people are overall happy with the comfort and support the Tuft & Needle mattress provides. The truth is that you are going to love the cool effect of the Tuft & Needle mattress. While using foam which tends to retain the heat, their proprietary foam on the top layer along with the cover allows an incredible airflow and breathability. This ensures that you won’t have any problems falling asleep or remaining asleep during the entire night because of the heat.
When you try out the Tuft & Needle mattress for the first time, it may seem that it is too soft. However, this is only the fast response of the mattress to the pressure. This means that you can easily change positions during the night without feeling that you are stuck into the mattress.
It’s important to note that you may notice the firmness of the support layer (the bottom layer) sooner than other people do in case you have a bigger size. However, this shouldn’t be a problem.
* Trials And Warranties:
The Tuft & Needle mattress comes with a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer and you can also count on 100 free trial nights to ensure that this mattress was a good purchase for you.
#2: Casper Mattress:
While the Tuft & Needle mattress can’t be said to be a hybrid mattress or a memory foam mattress, the Casper mattress is a hybrid mattress without any question.
The truth is that many people are only looking for memory foam mattresses. After all, they have a lot of advantages when compared with other kinds of mattresses and this is one of the reasons why their popularity has been increasing in the last couple of years. However, a memory foam mattress also has some problems attached. One of the main complaints from users regards the heat retention. The reality is that memory foam mattresses tend to retain heat. This won’t allow you to fall asleep easily as well as you may end up waking up during the night several times because you are not comfortable. This is why some memory foam mattresses are already using a layer with gel to allow a better airflow. The other common problem is that while memory foam mattresses tend to contour your body, some of them will make you sink through the mattress. So, when you try to change position when you are sleeping, you won’t be able to easily do it and you end up waking up.
To avoid all these memory foam problems, Casper decided to launch a mattress that includes memory foam but also other layers that fight these common problems.
The Casper mattress is 9.5 inches tall and includes 4 different layers in addition to the cover:
– The cover is made of 100% polyester and it is a bit thicker than the cover of the Tuft & Needle mattress. However, it is still cozy and breathable. So, the air will be able to freely flow through the mattress helping with the temperature regulation.
– The top layer, with 1.5 inches, is made of a responsive poly foam that is proprietary of Casper. This foam is very soft and it is very similar to the latex foam. So, you can be sure that the Casper mattress is fast in what concerns with the response to pressure allowing a good bounce. So, you shouldn’t have any problems when switching positions during the night. In addition, and just like the latex foam, this proprietary poly foam has some cooling properties that allow you to remain cool during the entire night.
– The second layer, with 1.5 inches, is made of memory foam with a density of 4 lb. This layer, on the contrary to the top layer, shows a slow response to pressure. In addition, it provides a good pressure relief without you feeling stuck inside the mattress. This only happens because the mattress includes the top layer we already mentioned. Besides, you won’t also feel the heat retention since you have a cooling layer between the memory foam and you.
– The third layer, with 1.5 inches, is made of poly foam with a density of 2.5 lb. This is the firmest layer and is usually referred to as the transition layer. After all, it is in the middle of the top comfort layers above and the support base below. Since this layer is also fast responding to pressure, this gives an additional bounce to the mattress.
– The bottom layer, with 5 inches, is made of a 1.8 lb density poly foam. Just like the previous layer, this bottom layer shows a fast response to pressure and is firm. After all, it is the layer responsible for giving the mattress its shape as well as for supporting all the layers on top.
In terms of the firmness, we consider the Casper mattress to be a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale (with 1 being the softest mattress and the 10 being the firmest one).
As soon as you try out the Casper mattress, you will notice that you will feel your body fully contoured and that your body sinks a bit more than other mattresses like the Tuft & Needle. However, you will still be able to move during the night without major problems.
In addition, and since the Casper mattress is a hybrid mattress, you won’t need to deal with the memory foam problems – the retention heat and the inability to properly change position while you are sleeping.
* Motion Transfer:
In case you or your partner tend to keep turning and tossing during the night, him or you won’t be bothered anymore. The reality is that the motion transfer of the Casper mattress is minimal. Even if you have different schedules to go to bed, you won’t wake up because of this.
* Trials And Warranties:
The Casper mattress includes a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer as well as you can also take advantage of their 100 night free trial period to ensure that you can adapt to the Casper mattress.
Tuft & Needle Vs. Casper Mattress Conclusion
As we stated earlier, there are some differences between the Tuft & Needle mattress and the Casper mattress. The most noticeable ones refer to the different amount of layers as well as to the materials used, to the height of the mattresses, to the cover, and even to the firmness.
So, which one should you choose?
While ultimately your choice depends on your personal preferences, you should go for the Tuft & Needle mattress if you prefer a medium to medium firm feel mattress and if you like the memory foam but not to be so much involved in the mattress. On the other hand, you should go for the Casper mattress if you prefer a slightly medium firmness and if you prefer that sinkage feeling.