When you are looking for a good mattress to buy, you will notice that while some brands already have been established for many years, others are relatively new. However, this doesn’t mean that they don’t have the quality that you are looking for. It’s actually quite the opposite.
Two of these recent mattress brands are Saatva and Casper. Both the Saatva mattress and the Casper mattress have been gaining a lot of popularity because they have been able to build their mattresses on a comfortable and supportive way, using only the best materials to ensure that they last for a very long time.
So, which one should you choose – the Saatva mattress or the Casper mattress? Let’s take a quick look at each one of the mattresses individually and then reach a conclusion in which one wins this battle.
#1: Saatva Mattress:
While Saatva is a recent brand, this doesn’t mean that they don’t know what they are doing. After all, the Saatva mattress is a coil-on-coil innerspring mattress. This combination of two spring layers combined totals 1,300 coils that help not only in terms of long-term durability as well as in terms of both support and comfort. However, there is a lot more involved and included on the Saatva mattress.
Discover the top mattresses in 2018 with more positive reviews.
The Saatva mattress is 14.5 inches tall (you can also get their mattress that is only 11.5 inches tall) and includes several different layers:
– The top layer of the Saatva mattress is the pillow top cover. This layer is made of organic cotton which means that it isn’t only breathable as it is also extremely soft to the touch. One of the best details about the Saatva mattress is exactly on this top layer. After all, it features a Euro-style pillow top that besides beautiful and unique, increases the comfort and softness of the cover. The Euro-style pillow top includes 3/4 inches of fiber, 1-ounce Darcon, and a 1.25 inches of super soft foam. In terms of aesthetics, this cover combines some more traditional elements with a modern overall look, making it unique.
– The second layer is the lumbar support layer and is made of memory foam. As you probably know, this is one of the best materials that a mattress can use to contour your body and provide pressure relief.
– The third layer is actually a layer that combines both the comfort and the support. It is made of foam encased contour coils – 884 individually wrapped coils to be more precise. While the coils didn’t need to be wrapped individually, the truth is that this adds a minimal transfer motion to the Saatva mattress. So, if you are one of those people who like to keep changing positions during the night, you can be sure that you won’t wake up your partner. In addition, the wrapped coils also give the mattress a unique feel as well as they improve the body contouring at the same time.
– The bottom layer, or the support or foundation layer, is about 7 inches high and is made of a traditional hourglass shaped steel coils – 416 in total. The goal of this layer is to ensure that the entire mattress keeps its shape.
– There is still an additional layer that isn’t usually included, and it ends up making a lot of difference. The edges layer is made of a support foam and it goes along the edges of the mattress. This way, the durability of the mattress increases as it also improves the edge support.
The firmness level is one of the factors that you should really pay attention to when it’s time to buy a new mattress. After all, depending on your preferred sleeping position (back, side or stomach), you may need to find the best mattress that suits your preferences. And this is linked to the firmness level of the mattress itself.
One of the best things about the Saatva mattress is the fact that you can get the mattress in 3 different firmness levels. You can go for a softer mattress, which is a 3 out of 10 on the firmness scale, you can go for a medium mattress, which is a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale; or you can go for a firmer mattress, which is an 8 on the firmness scale.
One of the things that you will immediately notice on the Saatva mattress is that it provides you a moderate sink unlike other top mattresses on the market. However, you will still be able to experience the amazing body contouring that it provides.
In terms of the bounce, most mattresses tend to be rather good. However, the Saatva mattress is definitely one of the best in this category. We believe that this is due to the fact that the Saatva mattress is made using the traditional innerspring mattress.
In what concerns with the support provided, the truth is that the Saatva mattress seems to work pretty well for all types of sleepers.
Another thing that we really need to point out is the use of many different organic and natural materials in the Saatva mattress. While some mattress brands couldn’t care less about this, Saatva made sure to include numerous natural and organic products throughout the entire mattress. And this actually makes a lot of difference.
Take a look at the best natural latex mattresses in 2017 and 2018.
* Trials And Warranties:
The Saatva mattress comes with a 15-year warranty from the manufacturer and a trial period of 120 days. Both the warranty as well as the trial period are superior to most other mattress brands.
#2: Casper Mattress:
While some people think that the Casper mattress is a memory foam mattress, the truth is that it is a hybrid mattress. The main difference between the two mattress types is that while a memory foam mattress only uses memory foam, a hybrid mattress uses different types of foam. The main advantage of a hybrid mattress over a memory foam one is the fact that the hybrid is able to allow the airflow into the mattress as well as you won’t get the “stuck” feeling when you are lying down.
The Casper mattress is 9.5 inches high and includes 4 different layers besides the cover:
– The cover of the Casper mattress includes two different tones and is made of a high-quality fabric. The reality is that this fabric, which is imported from Belgium, has a good stretch, a soft feel, and it’s also porous. This ensures that it is very breathable allowing the airflow to go through the mattress providing you with a cool feeling.
– The top layer, which is 1.5 inches tall, is made of a responsive poly foam that was developed by Casper. The main goal of this layer is to provide you with a great cooling, support, and comfort that allow you to enjoy a peaceful and restful night, every single day.
– The second layer, which is 1.5 inches tall, is made of memory foam. This layer is the one responsible for assuring the pressure relief as well as a good support. As you know, memory foam is a great material to be used when it comes to body contouring. And since this layer is beneath the poly foam that has some cooling properties, the heat won’t be retained.
The third layer, which is also 1.5 inches tall, is made of a poly foam and is considered to be the transitional layer. It is mainly the bridge between the comfort layers on the top and the support layer on the bottom.
The bottom layer, which is 5 inches tall, is made of a high-density foam. Its main goal is to ensure that the mattress is able to maintain its shape making it more durable.
We can set the Casper mattress at a 6 out of 10 on a firmness scale, where 1 represents the softest mattress and the 10 represents the firmest mattress. Please notice that the firmness level may vary depending on your weight. In case you have about 180 pounds or less, you may feel that the Casper mattress has a softer feel. However, if your weigh is superior, then you may think that the mattress is firmer than it is.
One of the things that we have noticed is that the Casper mattress may not suit all individuals. The truth is that if you weigh more than 180 pounds, you may feel a bit of a lack of support.
In terms of the cooling, the Casper mattress does a great job. After all, the combination of the breathable and porous cover with the top layer made of a responsive poly foam work pretty well together.
In case you like the traditional memory foam mattress sinkage, then you might like the Casper mattress. However, if you don’t, you may feel a bit trapped in the mattress and you may have some difficulties changing position during the night.
Casper offers deeper sinkage and the hug feels more pronounced. The top poly foam layer is quite soft, which allows the mattress to substantially hug and envelope the sleeper.
* Trials And Warranties:
The Casper mattress comes with a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer as well as with a 100 days trial period.
Saatva Vs. Casper Mattress Comparison
As you can see, there are a lot of differences between the two mattresses. From the height of the mattresses to the number of layers and materials used, the firmness level, and even the warranty and trial periods.
So, which one should you choose? Should you buy the Saatva mattress or the Casper mattress?
Even though the choice of the best mattress depends on your personal preferences, we are inclined to say that you should opt for the Saatva mattress. Besides the fact that you can select the level of firmness that you prefer, their use of organic and natural materials is amazing. In addition, the warranty and trial periods tend to be greater than with the Casper mattress.
However, if you like to feel “hugged” by your mattress while you sleep, then you should choose the Casper mattress.