With so many changes in the mattress industry in the last couple of years, there are many new brands that are becoming very popular. However, this doesn’t mean that older or more traditional companies don’t have something to say as well.
The truth is that even though the best mattress for you ultimately depends on your personal preferences, it’s important to make a good decision based on the features offered by the mattress itself.
Two of the most recognized mattresses on the market these days are the Leesa mattress and the Tempurpedic mattress. So, which one is better for you? Which one should you choose?
#1: Leesa Mattress
In case you already started your research to find a good mattress for you, you probably already found the Leesa mattress. The truth is that while some people believe this mattress is just another memory foam mattress, it really isn’t. The Leesa mattress is, in fact, a hybrid mattress. This means that besides using memory foam in one of its layers, it also uses other kinds of foam in other layers. This allows you to get the benefits of the memory foam and eliminate the disadvantages such as feeling stuck into the mattress and heat retention.
The Leesa mattress is 10 inches high and includes 3 layers and a cover:
– The cover of this mattress is made with a blend of Lycra and Polyester. The combination of these materials allows the cover to be breathable and stretchy enough to make you very comfortable. In addition, one of the things that you will notice is that the Leesa mattress cover is thicker than most which also helps with the durability.
– The top layer is one of the points that clearly makes the difference on the Leesa mattress. With 2 inches high, this layer is made of Avena foam, a foam that has cooling properties besides being very similar to latex foam. This ensures that you will have a great comfort, bounce, and responsiveness. In case you or your partner keep changing positions during the night, you’ll like to know that the other one won’t be affected at all.
– The second layer, which is 2 inches high, is where you can find the memory foam. This layer is the one that is responsible for the pressure relief and overall support.
– The bottom layer, which is 6 inches high, is made of a high-density poly foam and is designed to make the mattress maintain its shape besides adding durability. In addition, and in case you are a heavier sleeper, you will be glad to know that this layer will also serve as a deep compression support for you.
We consider the Leesa mattress to be a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale (with 1 referring to the softest mattresses and with 10 referring to the firmest mattresses). The truth is most brands are making a clear bet on this kind of firmness. After all, it allows a comfortable and supportive sleep no matter your preferred sleeping position. You will see how you will be comfortable and fully supported no matter if you prefer to sleep on your side, back, stomach, or even if you keep changing your sleeping position throughout the entire night.
Check out the top rated innerspring mattresses in 2018.
As soon as you lie down on the Leesa mattress, you will notice the softness of the cover as well as the cooling properties. Even though the mattress includes a layer made of memory foam you won’t feel that traditional heat retention as you won’t feel stuck. You will feel hugged and notice the perfect body contour, but you won’t be unable to move or change your position in any way.
In terms of the support, the Leesa mattress is very good. No matter if you are a thinner or heavier sleeper, the reality is that this mattress provides you the support you need to ensure that you have a good night sleep, night after night.
* Trials And Warranties
In terms of the warranty provided by the manufacturer, you can count on the traditional 10 years. However, the Leesa mattress also comes with a 100 nights trial period.
#2: Tempurpedic Mattress
The Tempurpedic mattress we are considering in this comparison is the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme Breeze mattress. The Tempurpedic mattress is 11.5 inches high and includes 4 different layers and a cover:
– The cover of the Tempurpedic mattress is made of a combination of spandex and polyester, The Tempurpedic mattress is soft and features a traditional texture. One of the things that we really like about the cover is the fact that it includes the Tempurpedic Breeze material which helps regulate temperature and features some cooling properties. You will also like to know that the Tempurpedic mattress uses a zip that can be easily opened. This allows you to wash the cover when needed.
– The top layer, which is 2 inches high, is made of visco elastic memory foam. This is the layer responsible for the hug feeling of the mattress as well as for the incredible sharp contour. One of the things you will notice is that this layer has an incredibly soft feel that will be very pleasant as soon as you lie down.
– The second layer, which is 2 inches high as well, is made of visco elastic memory foam as well. However, this and the top layers are different. This second layer is not only firmer as it serves as an additional support and another comfort layer for you.
– The third layer, which is 4 inches high, is made of a polyurethane foam. The main goal of this layer is to provide a smooth transition between the top layers to the bottom layers.
– The bottom layer, which is 3.5 inches high, is made of a high-density polyurethane foam. This is the base of the mattress that supports all the top layers and it still provides a deep compression support for heavier sleepers.
We consider the Tempurpedic mattress as a 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest mattress. While most brands tend to make a clear bet around the 6 out of 10, this isn’t the case of the Tempurpedic mattress.
One of the things that you will immediately notice on the Tempurpedic mattress is that it can sink a lot. As soon as you lie down, you will see that it sinks a bit. However, and unlike other mattresses that regain their shape after a couple of seconds, with the Tempurpedic mattress you will get a bit deeper again. So, we really need to say that this isn’t the kind of mattress for everyone. However, if you like the sinkage, you may have just found the perfect mattress for you.
Even though the sinkage is there, you also need to know that the balance provided by the mattress is good overall. And this is one of the reasons why the Tempurpedic mattress is so great in terms of pressure relief.
While with the Leesa mattress you are able to be comfortable and supported no matter your preferred sleeping position, this isn’t the same with the Tempurpedic mattress. In fact, you will find great support and comfort when you’re lying down on the side and for back sleepers, it’s a good option as well.
* Trials and Warranties:
The Tempurpedic mattress comes with the traditional 10-year warranty from the manufacturer. However, in terms of trial period, you will only be entitled to 30 nights.
Leesa Vs. Tempurpedic Mattress Comparison
Now that we already checked the Leesa mattress and the Tempurpedic mattress in detail, which one should you choose?
The reality is that they are both great mattresses in terms overall performance. After all, they are very comfortable, very supportive, and durable. However, there are some differences that ultimately, will allow you to make a better choice.
The differences between both mattresses include the number of layers as well as the materials used in each layer. In addition, the height of the mattresses is also different as well as the firmness level.
Ultimately, in our opinion, we believe that you should choose the Leesa mattress when you are looking for that mattress that you can be sure that will provide you with the comfort and support you need. Since it’s rated as a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, this means that you’ll be able to have a great night sleep no matter if you are a side sleeper, a stomach sleeper, a back sleeper, or even if you like to change positions during the night. In the case of the Tempurpedic mattress, you will get the best comfort and support only if you are a side sleeper. Besides, Leesa is a lot more clear in what concerns the materials they use on the mattress when compared with Tempurpedic.
In case you like the perfect body contour but you don’t like to feel sunk into the mattress, then you have another reason to opt for the Leesa mattress. Even though the body contour is amazing on the Tempurpedic mattress, you will feel stuck into the mattress.
Another factor to consider is the price. The Leesa mattress is more affordable than the Tempurpedic mattress.