When looking for a new good mattress, some people tend to look at companies who already have a long history on the market. However, we aren’t all the same and some people believe that when a company is launched, they deserve a chance. Not to mention the fact that when the company is recent, the prices tend to be more affordable to allow them to grow their business.
So, today, we decided to make a comparison between the Leesa mattress, a company that was launched just in 2014, and the Loom & Leaf mattress, which belongs to Saatva, one of the first online mattress companies who provide the ultimate materials.
So, which mattress should you choose? The Leesa mattress or the Loom & Leaf mattress? Let’s check out all the details about each mattress and then make a final comparison.
#1: Leesa Mattress
Leesa has been gaining a lot of popularity ever since the company was launched in 2014. Having their mattresses available at affordable prices but build with good materials has been the secret to their success.
The Leesa mattress is a hybrid mattress. This means that it is made not only with memory foam but also with other kinds of foam to eliminate all memory foam disadvantages.
Many people who already tried memory foam mattresses have two main complains. The first one is related to heat retention. And the second one is concerned with being stuck into the mattress and the inability to change positions during the night without waking up. So, Leesa decided to eliminate these problems with their hybrid mattress.
The Leesa mattress is 10 inches high and includes three different layers besides the cover:
– The cover of this mattress is made using a combination of two different materials – polyester and lycra. This combination is perfect since it allows the mattress to be breathable and, at the same time, soft and cozy. Even though this might be one of the thickest mattress covers on the market, it still ensures a good airflow, allowing a good temperature control.
– The top layer, with 2 inches, is made of Avena foam, a special kind of foam designed to fight the heat retention among other things. Many people compare the Avena foam with the latex foam. However, and while they are very similar, the Avena is superior because is more durable. This layer is the one responsible for your overall comfort. You can expect a good bounce and a good response for the mattress.
– The middle layer, with 2 inches, is made of memory foam. In our opinion, this is the best place to include this layer. After all, it’s located below the Avena foam which has cooling properties and is not very far from your body, allowing a good body contouring. In addition, this layer is also responsible for the pressure relief and support.
– The bottom layer, with 6 inches, is made of a high-density poly foam to serve as a foundation of the entire mattress. The main function of this layer is to provide stability, durability, and maintain the shape of the mattress for a very long time.
Take a look at the best natural latex mattresses.
One of the main features that you should always look for on a mattress is its firmness level. After all, it is the firmness level that allows you to know if you will be comfortable sleeping on it according to your favorite sleeping position.
Regarding the Leesa mattress, you will be glad to know that this mattress is suitable for all kinds of sleepers – back, stomach, and side. The Leesa mattress can be considered a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, where the 10 refers to the firmest mattresses.
As soon as you lie down on the Leesa mattress, you will notice that it provides a unique and balanced sinkage and hug. Ultimately, you will feel good and not stuck at all. This means that you will be able to turn and toss during the night without waking up. This is due to the Avena foam used on the top layer. In addition, in terms of the heat, you can also rest assured that the temperature control is great. Both the cover and the top layer make an extraordinary work maintaining a good airflow into the mattress allowing you to remain comfortable during the entire night.
* Trials And Warranties
In case you decide to buy the Leesa mattress, you can count on a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer as well as a trial period of 100 nights.
#2: Loom & Leaf Mattress
As soon as you discover that the Loom & Leaf mattress is a part of the Saatva company, you know you are dealing with a company who only uses the most luxurious materials.
The Loom & Leaf mattress is 12 inches tall and includes 4 different layers besides the cover:
– The cover of the Loom & Leaf mattress is made of 100% organic cotton. Featuring a great breathability, the Loom & Leaf mattress cover is also extremely soft and comfortable. In addition to the cotton, the cover is also quilted with a small percentage of layer of foam which provides a soft padded traditional cover. This will also aid the lumbar support and will give you a more supportive feel. This cover also includes a thin covering of natural thistle which acts as a fire barrier without any chemicals.
– The top layer, which is 2 inches high, is made of a conforming gel foam. This is the layer responsible to regulate the temperature. And this mattress does it perfectly. After all, on the top of this layer, they also included a cooling gel layer which not only absorbs the heat as it also disperses it preventing the heat to affect you.
– The second layer, which is 2.5 inches high is made of visco-elasticity memory foam with 5 lbs of density. This is the layer responsible for the most important factors – bounce, pressure relief, support, and responsiveness.
– The third layer, which is 2 inches high, serves as a transition between the comfort on the top and the foundation of the mattress. In addition, it also helps with the deep compression support for heavier sleepers.
– The bottom layer, which is 5.5 inches high, is made of a high-density support foam. This layer acts as the foundation of the entire mattress and it helps to maintain the overall shape.
In terms of firmness, we consider the Loom & Leaf mattress a 6 out of 10 (with 10 being the firmest mattresses). However, in case you prefer firmer mattresses, you can opt for the Loom & Leaf mattress which is an 8 out of 10 (the Loom & Leaf Firm mattress).
The Loom & Leaf mattress will make you feel extremely comfortable as soon as you lie down. You will notice the support and the pressure relief as well.
In case you are a heavier sleeper, you will definitely enjoy the 5.5 inches support base that provide a deep compression support. However, the Loom & Leaf mattress will still be very responsive.
One of the things that you will like to know is that you won’t feel stuck as with most memory foam mattresses on the market. The hug is not also very pronounced but you are still able to feel the contour around your body.
* Trials and Warranties:
The Loom & Leaf mattress comes with a 15-year warranty from the manufacturer which is greater than the one that comes with the Leesa mattress. In terms of the trial period, you also have the opportunity to take advantage of the 120 nights free trial.
Leesa Vs. Loom & Leaf Mattress Comparison
While we like both mattresses, there are a lot of things that makes them different. These include the number of layers as well as the materials they are made of, the height, the firmness levels, and even the warranties and trial periods.
So, which one is better? Should you choose the Leesa mattress or the Loom & Leaf mattress?
The truth is that even though they have a lot of differences, they also share many similarities. These include the support, the cooling, the comfort, the warranty, and even the level of service provided.
You should choose the Leesa mattress in case you prefer a medium firm mattress that provides a balanced feel, and where you are sure that you can sleep on any position that you prefer without getting stuck into the mattress and without worrying about the heat retention.
However, you should choose the Loom & Leaf mattress in case you prefer a medium or a firmer mattress with a balanced feel. In case you are a nature lover, you’re going to love to know that the uses natural thistle, plant-based foams, and even an organic cotton cover.