While you most probably already heard about Casper, you may have never hard about Ghostbed. However, the reality is that Ghostbed mattresses have been growing in popularity and their users seem to be very pleased with the comfort and support provided by the mattress.
So, in case you are looking for a good mattress, both the Casper mattress and the Ghostbed mattress can be great options. But which one should you choose?
Take a look at all you need to have a good night sleep.
Let’s check out each mattress in detail and then make a final comparison between the two.
#1: Casper Mattress
As you probably already know, the Casper mattress is not just another memory foam mattress. In fact, it can’t even be considered a memory foam mattress since it includes other foams. The Casper mattress is actually a hybrid mattress that also includes memory foam as one of the materials. The main goal with the addition of different kinds of foams is to prevent the disadvantages of the memory foam including the heat retention and the fact that you may find yourself trapped and unable to change positions during the night.
The Casper mattress is 9.5 inches high and it includes 4 different layers of foam as well as a cover:
IMAGE: Casper mattress foam layers
– The cover of the Casper mattress isn’t a traditional one in terms of design. In fact, it features a two-tone design (white on the top and gray along the perimeter). You can expect this cover to be thick, breathable, and very soft. Casper decided to import the cover directly from Belgium even though the assembly is made in the United States. Both top and bottom of the Casper mattress are made of 100% polyester while the sides are made using a blend of polyester and polypropylene.
– The first layer at the top, which is 1.5 inches, is made of a responsive poly foam. This poly foam is responsible for the cooling fo the mattress, addressing one of the issues of memory foam. In addition, this material is also soft and provides a great feel as soon as you lay down on the mattress. One main advantage is that since this poly foam is responsive, you can easily and quickly change positions during the night, without any problems, and without keep waking up.
– The second layer, which is 1.5 inches, is made of memory foam. As you probably know, and even though it has its own disadvantages, memory foam is great in what concerns with the support. And this is exactly what it does on this layer. You will get a perfect body contouring and a good pressure relief.
– The third layer, which is also 1.5 inches high, is made of a transition poly foam. With a medium density, it provides the transition from the top comfort layers to the base support layer.
– The bottom layer, which is 5 inches high, is made of a high-density support foam. Besides being the layer responsible for maintaining the shape of the entire mattress, it also serves to make the mattress more breathable.
Check out some of the best memory foam mattresses reviewed.
One of the most important aspects that you should consider when you are looking to buy a mattress is the firmness. After all, depending on the firmness and on your preferred sleeping position, you may find the mattress perfect for you or it won’t simply allow you to fall asleep.
In what concerns with the Casper mattress, it is a 6-7 out of 10, where 10 represents the firmest mattress and 1 represents the softest mattress. Even if you have no clue about what you prefer, going with the Casper mattress tends to be a good option since a 6 level of firmness is a sign that the mattress will perform well for all sleeping positions.
However, in case you are a heavier user, you need to make sure that you don’t mind about experiencing a bit firmer mattress. The truth is that if you weigh more than 180 pounds, you will tend to sink more than someone who weighs less. So, you will be deeper within the memory foam and you may feel a bit stuck into the mattress.
Just like we mention, in case you are a heavier user, you will experience more sinkage which may prevent you from the ability to easily change position while you are sleeping. Nevertheless, the Casper mattress features a good bounce and you won’t experience any heat retention thanks to the breathable cover working along with the top layer.
In terms of the support provided, we can easily classify the Casper mattress as a medium firm meaning that it should work well for any sleeping position.
* Trials and Warranties:
The Casper mattress comes with a warranty of 10 years like most other mattresses on the market. In what relates to trials, Casper offers 100 days trial period.
#2: Ghostbed Mattress
In case you never heard about Ghostbed mattress, you probably already heard about Nature’s Sleep, a veteran in the mattress industry. Ghostbed mattress is a division of this company and they only sell their mattresses online.
The Ghostbed mattress is 11 inches high and includes 3 different layers and a cover:
– The cover of the Ghostbed mattress is stretchy and soft. Made of polyester only on the top while the sides are made of a combination of polyester and polypropylene, the cover is breathable. While in terms of design the Ghostbed mattress cover is traditional, the truth is that the company incorporated a zip that allows you to easily remove the cover to clean. Please notice that the cover isn’t machine washable.
– The top layer, which is 1.5 inches high, is made if synthetic Dunlop latex foam. The main goal of this layer is to provide you with the maximum comfort, feel, and bounce, One of the main advantages of this layer is the fact that it responds fairly quickly. So, it’s a great aid to relieve pressure points. You can also count on the cooling properties of this material.
– The second layer, which is 2 inches high, is made of gel memory foam. Besides being an extra help for pressure relief, the main goal of this layer is to provide a good support. The truth is that in this layer you will find both the support and the deep compression support of the mattress. While the gel memory foam tends to be less responsive than the top layer, it still prevents head retention.
– The bottom layer, which is 7.5 inches high, is made of a high-density support foam. As the name says, it serves as the foundation of the mattress and the goal is to maintain the shape of the mattress for a very long time.
In terms of firmness, we consider the Ghostbed mattress as a 6.5 out of 7, more or less like the Casper mattress. So, you can expect to be comfortable and well supported no matter if you prefer to sleep on your back, side, stomach, or even if you tend to keep changing positions during while you are sleeping.
One of the things that you will notice as soon as you lay down on the mattress is that it tends to feel firmer than it actually is. However, you don’t need to worry since this feeling will go away in about 1 minute.
In terms of the comfort, we believe that the Ghostbed mattress managed to get a great combination of memory foam and latex. After all, you will get the support provided by the memory foam and the cooling and comfort provided by the latex that is located at the top.
One of the best things about the Ghostbed mattress is the support that it provides for any sleeper. The truth is that you will get the best support no matter if you prefer to sleep on your stomach, back, or side. In addition, it also seems to maintain your spine perfectly aligned, contributing to a good posture and overall health.
* Trials and Warranties:
Another great thing in case you decide to buy the Ghostbed mattress is the fact that you will be entitled to a 20-year warranty from the manufacturer. It’s important to notice that most mattresses only come with a 10-year warranty, including the Casper mattress. In terms of trial period, the Ghostbed mattress offers you 101 nights trial period.
Casper Vs. Ghostbed Mattress Comparison
Now that we took a closer look at the two mattresses, which one should you buy – the Casper mattress or the Ghostbed mattress?
While ultimately it’s a matter of your personal preferences, the truth is that the mattresses are different in multiple aspects. These include the height, the number of layers as well as the materials used in each one of the layers, the warranty provided by the manufacturer, among others.
In case you like to feel a stronger hug, then you should definitely go with Casper. While it is not too much, you will definitely experience a deeper sinkage. However, if you like to sink into the mattress and immediately feel the pressure relief, we have to say that the winner, in this case, is the Ghostbed mattress.
As you can see, it depends on your personal preferences above all. However, and no matter which mattress you choose, you can be sure that you won’t experience any heat retention as well as you’ll have a great bounce.