One of the things most people do when they are looking to buy a good mattress is to find the brands that tend to have more and better reviews online. So, if you already did this, you probably got the Leesa mattress and the Yogabed mattress on your list.
Take a look at the best mattresses for a good night sleep.
The truth is that both mattresses are incredible. However, there are some differences between them that may lead you to prefer one over the other one. So, let’s check out in detail both the Leesa mattress and the Yogabed mattress and then make a final comparison.
#1: Leesa Mattress
When you are looking for a bed in a box, one of the first brands that will appear is Leesa. The truth is that this is a highly reputable company who has great mattresses.
The Leesa mattress is 10 inches high and includes 3 different layers and a cover:
– The cover is made of both Polyester and Lycra and besides soft, it is incredibly breathable. The cover, in addition to the top layer, will help with the airflow. Ultimately, you won’t have any more problems when you are trying to fall asleep and you can’t because of the heat, as well as you won’t keep waking up during the night because you’re not comfortable.
– The top layer, which is 2 inches high, is made of Avena foam. This is one of the features that make the Leesa mattress completely different from all the mattresses on the market. The truth is that Avena foam is a great material that can e compared to latex foam since they are very similar. However, the Avena material has more advantages including the fact that lasts longer.
One of the main benefits of using this layer is to provide a good temperature regulation adding comfort, in addition to the amazing response and bounce.
Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses.
– The second layer, which is 2 inches high, is made of memory foam. This is the layer that will provide you with the support and pressure relief that you need to make sure that you get a good night sleep, every single night.
Even though you may not be a fan of memory foam, the truth is that the Leesa mattress combines the material with the Avena foam ensuring that you won’t need to deal with the memory foam disadvantages (heat retention and being stuck into the mattress).
– The bottom layer, which is 6 inches high, is made of a high-density poly foam which main goal is to act as the support and foundation for the entire mattress.
In our opinion, the Leesa mattress is one of the most balanced mattresses at the moment, It features a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale where the 10 refers to the firmest mattresses. This means that the Leesa mattress can be a great choice no matter if you are a back sleeper, a side sleeper, a stomach sleeper, or even if you keep changing your position during the night.
As soon as you lie down on the Leesa mattress, you will immediately notice the comfort, softness, and cooling of the top layer that is made of Avena foam. You will feel hugged but not stuck into the mattress which is great. If you are one of the people who keep turning and tossing during the night, you will be able to do it smoothly without waking up.
In terms of support, the Leesa mattress is simply amazing. No matter your preferred sleeping position, you will find the comfort and support that you need.
* Trials and Warranties:
The Leesa mattress comes with a 10-year warranty and 100 nights free trial, just like most mattresses on the market.
#2: Yogabed Mattress
Launched back in 2015, Yogabed is a brand that bases their mattresses on the benefits of yoga. The truth is that Yoga has a lot of benefits for your overall health (both physical and mental) and this is one of the reasons why the Yogabed mattress is being such a success and has a lot of popularity. But let’s check out the Yogabed mattress in detail.
The Yogabed mattress is a hybrid mattress just like the Leesa mattress. After all, it includes multiple layers with different types of foams to ensure that you get the best of each material.
The Yogabed mattress is 10 inches high and includes 4 different layers and a cover:
– The cover of the Yogabed mattress is made of a blend of polyester and cotton and is very breathable. Since it is incredibly thin, it will add an extra help to the airflow to increase through the mattress, allowing a better temperature control.
One of the best things about the Yogabed mattress cover is the fact that it will only take you about 30 seconds to remove it and machine wash it. After all, it comes with a zip.
– The top layer, which is 0.75 inches high, is made of Yoga Instant Response Foam. The proprietary foam with a 5 lbs density was developed by Yogabed to ensure that the mattress can quickly mold and change when you move. In addition, it prevents heat retention and you will notice that it features a little more bounce than the average mattresses.
– The second layer, which is 1.75 inches high, is made of YogaGel, another proprietary foam developed by Yogabed with 4 lbs of density. This is the layer responsible for preventing the heat concentration because it disperses it to the bottom and sides. One of the things that this layer will also do is concerned with stability and deep compression support.
– The third layer, which is 5 inches high, is made of a high-density poly foam with a 1.8 lbs of density. This layer is a part of the base or foundation of the mattress and is incredibly firm.
– The bottom layer, which is 2 inches high, is made with the same foam of the previous layer and its goal is to ensure the durability of the mattress itself.
In case you are looking for a firmer mattress, you’re going to love the Yogabed mattress. In our opinion, it is considered as a 6.5 to 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale where 1 stands for the softer mattresses and the 10 for the firmest mattresses.
One of the things that you will absolutely notice as soon as you lie down on the Yogabed mattress is the feel. The truth is that this mattress has a lot of bounce so this is one of those mattresses that you will either love or hate.
In terms of hugging and sinking, the Yogabed mattress can be considered average. While t provides you a good hug, you won’t feel that you are stuck into it like what happens with more traditional memory foam mattresses. However, it is still good in terms of body contouring.
In what concerns to the heat, you will be glad to know that not being able to easily fall asleep or keep waking up during the night because of the heat will be finally over. After all, the Yogabed mattress is breathable and provides a good temperature regulation.
One of the things that we really like about the Yogabed mattress is that, just with the Leesa mattress, you will find the comfort and support no matter your preferred sleeping position.
* Trials and Warranties:
The Yogabed mattress comes with the standard 10-year warranty from the manufacturer. However, instead of the traditional 100 nights trial, you have 365 days trial.
Leesa Vs Yogabed Mattress Comparison
While both the Leesa mattress and the Yogabed mattress are hybrid mattresses and not traditional memory foam mattresses, they still have their own differences. The two most important differences that you should consider are related with the number and materials used on the layers as well as with the firmness level, where the Leesa mattress is a 6 and the Yogabed mattress is a 6.5 to 7 out of 10.
So, which one should you choose? Which one is the winner – the Leesa mattress or the Yogabed mattress?
In our opinion, the Leesa mattress tends to work better. If there is a feature that is hard to beat on the Leesa mattress is the balanced feel it provides. In addition, the cooling and support not to mention the comfort are great advantages that you need to consider before you make your final decision.
While more foam used on a mattress doesn’t always mean that the mattress has a better feeling, this isn’t the case here. The difference is that the Leesa mattress uses 4 inches of foam while the Yogabed mattress uses only 2.25 inches. However, the Leesa mattress is great for both thinner and heavier sleepers who will always be able to take advantage of the support provided.
However, in case you are looking for a slightly firmer mattress and you like a mattress that has a good bounce, then the perfect choice for you is the Yogabed mattress.