When you are looking for a good mattress, you need to make sure that you find the best one to fit your needs. Choosing the best mattress is ultimately a matter of defining your priorities. If there are some people who prefer comfort above all, the price is always something to consider as well as durability. While there are fans of specific mattress materials like memory foam, other people just believe that memory foam isn’t for them.
Take a look at the best mattresses for you in 2018.
So, today, we are going to show you if you should consider buying the Leesa mattress or the Ghostbed mattress instead. In order to do it, we are going to see each mattress in detail and then make a final comparison.
Let’s start with the Leesa mattress.
#1: Leesa Mattress
When you are looking for a good mattress and if you already did some research on the subject already, you probably already found the Leesa mattress. The truth is that this is one of the brands that you just can’t avoid consider.
The Leesa Mattress is a 10” mattress that is incredibly comfortable and is made of different kinds of foam.
One of the things that allow the Leesa Mattress to stand out is the fact that they include an Avena layer on the top of the mattress. This is to ensure that even if you’re not a fan of memory foam, you will still be able to buy this mattress. After all, this layer allows the mattress to breath (the air flow into the mattress is increased) allowing you to remain comfortable and cool during the entire night.
In case you prefer innerspring mattresses, make sure that you check out the top rated and affordable innerspring mattresses.
The Leesa Mattress includes 3 different layers in addition to the cover:
– The cover is made of a blend of Lycra and Polyester. The use of both materials allow the improvement of the breathability of the mattress and, at the same time, it gives the elasticity that is needed for the cover. If you are one of those people who like beauty above all, you are going to love the Leesa Mattress cover. After all, it’s completely unique since it features a grey color scheme and 4 white bars at the foot of the mattress. One thing that you might notice on the Leesa Mattress cover is the fact that it seems to be thicker than average covers. This ensures that it will last for a very long time.
– The top layer, with 2 inches, is made of Avena foam. This material is very similar to the latex material but it has an additional advantage – it’s more durable. This is the layer responsible for the comfort, bounce, and response of the mattress. In case you are worried about the bounce, you can be sure that you will be able to change your sleeping position during the night without bothering your partner at all. If you look closely at this layer, you’ll notice that it even includes some holes at the top as well as an eggshell design at the bottom. This ensures that the air is able to flow freely throughout the entire mattress allowing it to regulate and control the temperature. So, you can be sure that you will be comfortable during the entire night, with a cool and optimized temperature.
– The second layer, which is 2 inches tall, is made of memory foam. This is the layer that is responsible for the pressure relief and for the support provided by the mattress. Even though you may not like memory foam, the truth is that since the Leesa Mattress includes the temperature regulation on the top layer, the Leesa Mattress won’t be hot as most memory foam mattresses. Another common problem many people have when using a memory foam mattress is that they don’t like to feel stuck. However, this won’t happen with the Leesa Mattress. On the contrary, you will get the advantage of having the mattress adapting to your body contour and get the pressure relief, but you won’t sink into the mattress. You will still be able to change positions easily during the night without any discomfort or waking up.
– The bottom layer, which is 6 inches tall, is made of a high-density support memory foam. The goal of this layer is to act as the foundation of the entire mattress allowing it to retain its shape. In addition, it also serves to add deep compression support for heavier sleepers.
When you try out the Leesa Mattress, you will notice that it has a medium feel. This means that we consider it as a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale (with 1 referring to the softest mattresses and 10 referring to the firmest mattresses). This ensures that you will be comfortable and will have the support you need no matter your preferred sleeping position. This is considered a universal comfort mattress.
Even though the Leesa Mattress includes a memory foam layer, the reality is that you won’t feel stuck as with most traditional memory foam mattresses. The difference relies on the top layer made of Avena foam. In addition, this top layer also allows you to remain comfortable during the entire night in what concerns with temperature. Although memory foam tends to concentrate and retain heat, the top layer, and the cover combination ensure that the air is able to flow freely providing you with a cool feeling.
In terms of the support provided by the Leesa Mattress, you will discover that you will be comfortable and have all the support you need no matter if you prefer to sleep on your back, stomach, side, or even if you keep changing your position during the entire night.
* Trials And Warranties
With the Leesa Mattress, you will be entitled to a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer as well as you will be able to take advantage of the 100 nights free trial.
#2: GhostBed Mattress
One of the things that makes Ghostbed mattresses different is that they are only sold online. Even though you won’t be able to try them out before you buy them, the truth is that you will have a trial period. But more on that later. Let’s check out everything you can expect from the Ghostbed mattress.
The Ghostbed mattress is 11 inches tall and is made of both latex and memory foam. This combination allows the mattress to address the main issues and concerns of each material used.
The Ghostbed mattress includes 3 different layers and the cover:
– The cover of the Ghostbed mattress is made of Polyester and viscose. This blend ensures that the cover is stretchy and breathable. Besides, you will notice that it is incredibly thin to ensure that the mattress provides an amazing temperature regulation. In terms of the design, the cover of the Ghostbed mattress is more traditional than the cover of the Leesa mattress. Nevertheless, while the top cover is white, the sides include some gray panels that are made of a more resistant fabric.
– The top layer, which is 1.5 inches high, is made of latex foam. This foam is great since it provides a good response, bounce, comfort, and cooling. It’s incredible how it works so well with the memory foam.
– The second layer, which is 2 inches high, is made of gel memory foam. Besides the traditional advantages of the memory foam, this layer also ensures that you get the benefits of the gel. This means that you won’t need to worry about heat retention or being stuck into the mattress. This layer is the one responsible for the body contouring, support, and pressure relief. The inclusion of the gel memory foam is a good news in case you are a side sleeper. After all, as a side sleeper, you tend to dig more into the mattress. However, the gel won’t prevent that you get the stuck feeling.
– The bottom layer, which is 7.5 inches high, is made of a support foam. This is considered the foundation of the mattress since besides supporting all the top layers it makes sure that the Ghostbed mattress is able to retain its shape for a very long time. In addition, heavier sleepers can only find a deep compression support on this layer.
In terms of firmness, we consider the Ghostbed mattress to be a 6.5 out of 10 on a firmness scale. Just like the Leesa mattress, the Ghostbed mattress is great for all kinds of sleeping positions.
One of the things that you will notice when you try out the Ghostbed mattress is the fact that it will seam firmer at first. However, after just a couple of seconds, you will actually feel that it isn’t that firmer.
The truth is that even though this kind of mattresses (a combination between memory foam and latex) are one of the most popular among users, the Ghostbed mattress does a great job and can be considered as one of the best in this category. After all, it provides a good body contouring, cooling, and bounce, besides the pressure relief and support.
Since they chose to include the gel memory foam on the middle layer and the latex on the top ensures that the mattress perfectly adapts to your body and that it is able to provide a good response.
** Trials and Warranties
The Ghostbed mattress comes with a 20-year warranty from the manufacturer and you will also be able to take advantage of the 101 nights free trial.
Leesa Vs. Ghostbed Mattress Comparison
Even though there are some differences between the two mattresses that include the materials used on the different layers, the height, and the firmness levels, both the Leesa mattress and the Ghotbed mattress are very comfortable, supportive, and tend to perform well no matter your preferred sleeping position.
So, which one should you choose – the Leesa mattress or the Ghostbed mattress?
In our opinion, you should opt for the Leesa mattress. In case you are looking for a medium feel mattress that has an added bounce and is cool, the Leesa is a great choice.
However, if you are looking for a medium firm feel and you like the feeling of the memory foam contouring your body, then you should go for the Ghostbed mattress.